Monday, November 16, 2015

Overcoming Writer's Block

Overcoming writer's block becomes easier the more you write. That has been my experience. I think the more you write, the more confident you feel about expressing yourself and your thoughts. However, you don't have to be a guru writer, anyone can overcome writer's block at any moment by pushing yourself to type or write with a pen, (if that's your fancy). I have used this technique hundreds of times and it works. I literally type whatever comes to my head.


I give myself the freedom to make mistakes and expel all thoughts. Of course, this technique works better when you know the subject matter fully. Many times, there are lots of re-writes and editing, especially if the issue being written about is complex.

That being said, if you want to write quality content and do it well, it's important to read reputable literature on the matter. I prefer  reading books written by expert authors or papers published by educational institutions, such as in journals, as opposed to reading random websites. In this way, I know I am reading authentic literature. This is very important for some industries.

For instance, writing for a legal service can be time consuming in prior reading. I have had to read very dry and boring government laws or codes in order to write well and actually offer valuable content. I've even read court documents in preparation of writing a press release where the details and implications are critical and required. It's not fun reading dull information but it must be done in order to keep my promise of providing a quality content writing service.

When in doubt, do what guru writers do: drink lots of coffee! On the upside, writer's block is advantageous if you're writing a suicide note. (Ha, ha! Sorry, I couldn't hold back that one).

No comments:

Post a Comment